- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
1 (18.5 oz) box yellow cake mix (Do not use a mix with pudding added or which requires oil.)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup (2 to 3) bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nuts, finely chopped (optional)
Seafoam Frosting Ingredients:
2 (1/4 cup) egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, baking soda and eggs. Measure the Coca-Cola, stir briskly until the foaming stops; add to the batter. Blend ingredients just until moistened, then beat at high speed of an electric mixer for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl often.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the lemon juice; add to the batter. Add the chopped nuts to the batter and beat for 1 minute at medium speed. Turn the batter into a well-greased, lightly floured, 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake in a preheated, 350°F oven for about 40 minutes or until the cake tests done. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, remove cake from pan and turn right-side up on a rack to finish cooling.
Sea Foam Frosting Preparation
- In the top of a double boiler, combine all the ingredients except the vanilla extract. Beat 1 minute at high speed of an electric mixer. Place over boiling water (the water should not touch the bottom of the top half of the double boiler). Beat on high speed about 7 minutes until the frosting forms peaks when the mixer is raised.
- Remove from boiling water (for the smoothest frosting, empty into a large bowl). Add the vanilla extract and continue beating on high speed until thick enough to spread, about 2 minutes. Spread on the sides and top of the cold banana cake.
Servings: 8 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like