- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs well at medium speed. Gradually add brown sugar and continue to beat until mixture is thick and light. Stir in vanilla and bananas.
- In a small bowl, whip the cream.
- Beat half of the flour mixture into the eggs. Continue beating at low speed until blended. Add whipped cream and then remaining flour mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Divide batter between 2 greased 8-inch round cake pans. Bake for 35 minutes, until cake tests done. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes in pans, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Combine cream cheese and butter in mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Add icing sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
Servings: 8 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like