- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 10 large marshmallows, quartered, or 40 miniature marshmallows
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 - 3 oz. packages ladyfingers
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add marshmallows, pineapple and cherries. In a cold bowl with cold beaters, whip cream to stiff peaks, then fold in sour cream. Fold half the cream mixture into the fruit mixture. Chill remaining cream for decoration later.
- Split ladyfingers lengthwise into halves, then halve them crosswise. Stand ladyfinger halves around sides of pan, rounded sides out, rounded tips up. Trim cut ends of remaining ladyfingers to a V-shape so that ladyfingers look like flower petals. Arrange "petals" like a daisy in the bottom of the pan, flat sides up, making sure the ladyfingers are flush with those around the sides. Cut a circle from ladyfinger scrap or use pieces as needed to fill in center and gaps.
- Fill springform pan with fruit mixture. Cover with remaining whipped cream mixture, smoothing to edge. You can also use a tube pan or other mold without wax paper. chill at least 6 hours, or wrap well and freeze.
- To serve, run a thin knife around ladyfingers to loosen any stuck areas. Remove springform sides. Cut in wedges to serve.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like