- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, walnuts, macadamia nuts and bread crumbs; mix well and set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter and vegetable shortening. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and Herman; beat until smooth. Spoon half the batter into a well-greased and floured 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Spoon half the reserved brown sugar mixture over the batter and sprinkle with pineapple. Smooth the remaining batter over the top and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle with rum and pour melted butter over all.
- Bake at 375° F for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake is puffed and browned. Cool several minutes before serving, but serve warm.
Servings: 12 to 15
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like