- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, food coloring, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Divide the batter between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until cakes test done when a wooden pick inserted in the center of each comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
- Fill and frost sides and tops of cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Makes: 6 cakes and 3 cups frosting
In a large mixing bowl, beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is smooth, adding more powdered sugar (or a little milk) to obtain a spreading consistency, if needed.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like