- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with wax paper.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water, mayonnaise and food coloring in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Immediately remove wax paper. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Spread cream cheese icing on top of one cake layer, place second layer on top and finish frosting entire cake.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like