- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, cup crème de cocoa or raspberry liqueur or brandy, and oil; add eggs and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer for 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Fold in pecans. Spoon into two wax paper-lined greased 9-inch-wide heart shaped layer pans or one greased and floured 10-inch Bundt or tube pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (heart-shaped layer pans) or 45 minutes (tube or Bundt pan), or until a wooden pick inserted into the cake layers or cake comes out clean.
- Let cake or cake layers cool for 10 minutes in pan(s), top side up for tube cake and upside down for Bundt cake. Turn out onto wire rack(s) to finish cooling.
- For heart-shape cake, arrange one layer on a cake serving plate. Evenly spread raspberry jam over cake layer. Top with second layer. Evenly spread top and sides with frosting of choice.
- For tube or Bundt cake, spread frosting of choice over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle decorative confectioners' red sugar over cake as desired.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like