- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan with 1 1/2 tsp butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine water, corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve any sugar crystals. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° F (hard crack stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in anise extract and food coloring (keep face away from mixture as odor is very strong). Pour into prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score into 3/4-inch squares. Cool.
- Separate into squares, using a sharp knife, if necessary. Place confectioners' sugar in a baking pan; add candy and roll until coated. Brush off excess sugar with a pastry brush. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Servings: 8 dozen
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like