- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a pan, combine the apples with half of the water, and cook the fruit until it is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Press the cooked apples through a sieve and add the brown sugar. Stirring often, cook the mixture over low heat until it is thick, about 30 minutes.
- Soften the gelatine in remaining water. Add the softened gelatine to the hot apple mixture and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Chill the mixture until it thickens slightly. Stir in the walnuts and the lemon juice.
- Pour the candy into a dampened pan measuring 8 x 12 x 1 1/4 inches. The candy layer should be about 1/2 inch deep. Chill the candy thoroughly, then cut it into 1-inch squares.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the cornstarch, and roll the squares in this mixture.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like