- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Line two large cookie sheets with wax paper. Set large wire cooling rack on paper; set aside.
- Place corn syrup in a 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until syrup boils. Immediately pour over coconut. Work warm syrup into coconut using the back of a wooden spoon until coconut is thoroughly coated. This will take a little time, so be patient.
- Using 1 level measuring Tbsp of coconut, shape into a ball by squeezing coconut firmly in palm of one hand, then rolling between both palms. (HINT: Measure out all of the coconut then roll into balls.) Place 2 inches apart on wire racks. Let dry 10 minutes.
- Re-roll coconut balls so there are no loose ends of coconut sticking up.
- Place milk chocolate and shortening in a 4-cup glass measure or 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture can be stirred smooth and is glossy; stirring once or twice. Working quickly, spoon 1 level measuring Tbsp of the chocolate over each coconut ball, making sure chocolate coats and letting excess chocolate drip down onto wax paper. While chocolate coating is still soft, lightly press whole almond on top of each. Let stand to set or place in refrigerator.Store in a single layer in airtight container. Keeps best if refrigerated.
Makes: about 2 dozen balls
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like