- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Line two large baking sheets with waxed paper. Set wire racks over waxed paper; set aside.
- Spread almonds onto another baking sheet and toast in oven at 350° F for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring nuts occasionally, or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Place coconut in large bowl; set aside.
- Place corn syrup in a 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until syrup boils. Immediately pour over coconut. Work warm syrup into coconut using the back of a wooden spoon until coconut is thoroughly coated, mixture will be stiff as you work.
- Using 1 level measuring Tbsp of coconut for each, shape into 26 balls. Place 2-inches apart on wire racks. Let dry for 10 minutes and re-roll coconut balls.
- Place milk chocolate and shortening in a 4 cup glass measure or microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Be careful not to heat too long or chocolate will burn.
- Working quickly, spoon 1 level measuring Tbsp of the chocolate over each coconut ball, coating well and letting excess chocolate drip down onto waxed paper. While chocolate coating is still soft, lightly press whole almond on top of each. Let stand at room temperature to set Store in a single layer in airtight container.
Makes: 26 candies
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like