- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line bottom and sides of a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with lightly buttered waxed paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Spread almonds onto a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring nuts occasionally, or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the top of a double boiler over simmering water just until mixture begins to mel Tbsp Remove from heat; stir until completely melted. Stir in toasted almonds.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan and spread to distribute nuts evenly. Cool at room temperature until firm. Lift candy from pan; peel off waxed paper and break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
Makes: about 1 1/4 pounds candy
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like