- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Line large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Please single layer a saltine crackers, salt side up on foil. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350° F. On medium to medium high heat melt 1/2 lbs (2 sticks) butter.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to melted butter. Reduce heat to medium and stir periodically letting mixture cook (bubble) for 3 - 5 minutes. Spread mixture over crackers. Bake on center rack of oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 12-ounce bag of chocolate chip across top evenly. Let stand until chocolate softens. Smooth out chocolate with spatula (like frosting). Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts. Press into chocolate. Refrigerate overnight.
- Break into pieces. Store in airtight container lined and layered with wax paper.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like