- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place chocolate in 1-quart wide-mouth jar.
- Place apricots into small plastic zip-type bag. Seal bag. Place bag in jar. Layer almonds in jar over apricots. Seal jar.
- Decorate jar and attach the following instructions on a gift tag.
- Contents of jar mix: Combine almonds and apricots from jar mix in mixing bowl. Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt 3/4 of chocolate from jar mix in top of double boiler over hot water or in microwave oven on LOW for 30-second bursts. Stir chocolate frequently as it melts.
- Remove top pan of double boiler and wipe bottom and sides of pan dry to prevent any water mixing with chocolate and causing it to seize. Alternatively, remove melted chocolate from microwave. Stir in remaining quarter of chocolate in three batches, making sure each batch is melted before adding the next.
- Stir in almond and apricot mixture, coating completely with chocolate. Turn mixture out onto pan. Spread with spatula to cover wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Peel wax paper off back of bark. Break or cut bark into pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches square.
- Store in airtight container between sheets of wax paper at cool room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Servings: about 1 pound candy
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like