- Yields: 12
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely process cookies and place in 9-inch springform pan. Add sugar; stir. Add melted butter; stir. Press crust evenly on bottom and halfway up side of pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, until crust is set.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add almond extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in candy bar pieces. Pour filling into crust and bake about 1 hour or until middle is set. Place a pan with 1 inch of water on lower rack in oven during baking. Chill cheesecake completely before removing from pan.
- To remove cheesecake from pan, cut around cake with dull knife. Slide very large knife under crust and loosen all around before transferring to serving plate. Cut cheesecake with large knife, dipping the knife in hot water before each cut.
- Variation: In the filling, substitute vanilla extract for almond extract, add 1/4 cup heavy cream and use 9 oz. of Oreo cookie pieces instead of candy bars.
You may also like