- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, and butter.
- In another bowl mix together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir in anise seed, vanilla, brandy and chopped almonds.
- Separate the dough into 4 balls. Roll the dough into a roll about 1-inch across. Then cut the dough every 1/2-inch to make bars 1-inch by 1/2-inch wide. For a more "log-like" cookie, cut each cookie in half, prior to baking them.
- Place on a greased and floured baking sheet with 1/2-inch in between cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven. Will look similar to shortbread but much lighter and cake-like.
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like