- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- With electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until blended.
- Add egg and extracts; beat 2 minutes. Add flour and salt; beat until combined (mixture will be crumbly).
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and shape into ball; flatten. Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Using floured rolling pin, roll half of the dough on well-floured surface until slightly less than 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes and arrange about 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Let stand 1 minute; remove to wire rack and cool.
- If desired, to glaze cookies, blend 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp water and 1 drop red food coloring. Brush tops of cookies with sugar mixture, then let dry before storing in airtight container.
- *For orange cookies, substitute 2 tsp orange extract.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like