- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- For Cream Cheese Filling: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in desired flavor chips; set aside.
- For Topping: In a small bowl, stir together nuts and sugar; set aside.
- For cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line medium muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the bananas, buttermilk or sour milk, shortening and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add the eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoonful filling into center of each cupcake. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful topping over top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
Servings: about 3 dozen cupcakes
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like