A&W-style Onion Rings
- 1 cup McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura batter mix
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup beer (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1 extra large white onion, sliced 3/8-inch thick
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for deep fryer)
Preheat the deep fryer to 375° F.
Combine tempura mix with the spices and liquid to make a batter, using a fork. There will be some small lumps which is okay.
Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings. Dip the individual rings into the batter, then drop into the preheated oil. Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Salt lightly, and serve hot!/p>
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page