Bahama Breeze-style Pan-Seared Sea Scallops
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 jumbo sea scallops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 oz angel hair pasta, cooked according to package instructions, drained and kept warm
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- 4 Tbsp scallion tops, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan. Season scallops with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear scallops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, (2 to 3 minutes if they are not jumbo-sized).
Sauté 1 tablespoon garlic in olive oil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat, then add butter; swirl butter into the garlic until it has melted. Add 3 tablespoons scallions, thyme and bell peppers. Toss sauce with pasta. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, cilantro, parsley, 1 tablespoons scallions and sugar; toss to combine.
Combine pasta mixture with scallops. Garnish with lemon juice mixture.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page