- Yields: 8
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and pull off and discard lumps of fat. Put legs in a rimmed 12 x 17 inch pan.
- In a bowl, mix minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, pepper, and salt. Smear garlic mixture evenly over chicken, then arrange legs, cut side down, in a single layer.
- Bake in a 375° F oven until skin is well browned, about 1 1/2 hours (1 1/4 hours in a convection oven). After 45 minutes, baste chicken with pan juices every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a warm platter. Skim and discard fat from drippings.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water to pan, stir to loosen browned bits, and pour sauce into a bowl.
- Scatter chopped parsley over chicken; garnish with parsley sprigs. Add sauce to taste.
You may also like