- Yields: 4
- Source: bostonmarket.com
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Stuffed Peppers Ingredients:
- Combine ingredients for Fajita marinade in a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Add chicken to the marinade and let it marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet on stovetop, medium heat.
- Add chicken and the marinade to the skillet and cook until chicken is warm.
- While the chicken is warming, prepare Spanish rice according to the package and set aside.
- Take chicken breasts out of pan and lay them on a cutting board. Dice the chicken once it has cooled enough to handle.
- Sauté diced onions and tomato in the same skillet.
- In a large, clean mixing bowl, combine Spanish rice, diced chicken,sautéed onions and tomato (including the marinade that was leftover in the skillet), cilantro and ½ cup Mexican cheese. Mix well and taste to see if you need to add a little more salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, lengthwise, and clean them out, taking out all the seeds and membrane.
- Lay the bell pepper halves in the skillet, like little cups, and fill them with the rice/chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese on top. Place the skillet in the oven for 20/25 minutes, until the peppers are cooked. Bake them longer if you want the peppers softer.
You may also like