Dave and Buster's-style Muffaletta Salad
- 1 1/4 lbs. Romanelli pasta
- 4 oz sliced turkey
- 4 oz sliced ham
- 2 oz (24 slices) pepperoni
- 2 oz sliced salami
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green salad olives
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 Tbsp Italian dressing
- 12 oz prepared assorted lettuce
- 2 oz julienned spinach leaves
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup assorted pizza cheeses: fontina, mozzarella, asiago or parmesan
- 4 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded aged asiago cheese
Julienne (cut in strips) the pepperoni, salami, ham, and turkey then place in salad bowl.
Cut celery, green onions and roast peppers, add to the bowl.
Chop and add both types of olives and add to bowl.
Add the Italian dressing and pesto and toss all together well to mix.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until done, drain and place in salad bowl. Pour the Italian dressing on the pasta and toss all together gently.
Place assorted lettuce, spinach, pizza cheeses, diced ripe Roma tomatoes and onions on cold platter (leave a space in the middle for pasta).
Add tossed hot Romanelli salad mixture; pile high in the center of platter. Add shredded asiago or parmesan to garnish.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page