Emeril's-style Chocolate Chip Pie
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 store-bought or homemade pie crust in a deep-dish 9-inch plate
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour, plus more for coating chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Spread pecans in crust. In a small bowl, toss chocolate chips in a little flour to coat, then scatter evenly over pecans.
In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, butter, and flour until well combined.
Pour filling over pecans and chocolate chips.
Bake until filling is set and crust is browned, about 70 minutes. (If pie browns too quickly, loosely tent with foil.)
Let cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.Makes 10 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page