- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Using a meat mallet, pound out the conch. Using a sharp knife, small dice the conch. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions.
- Season with Essence and sauté for about 3 minutes or until slightly wilted. Season the conch with Essence.
- Add the conch and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Make a batter by combining the eggs, milk, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne. Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, beating and incorporating until all is used and the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the parsley. Add the conch mixture to the batter and fold to mix. Heat the shortening to 360° F.
- Drop the batter, a heaping tablespoon at a time, into the hot oil. When the fritters pop to the surface, roll them around with a slotted spoon to brown them evenly.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle the fritters with essence.
- To serve: Spoon a pool of mango chutney in the center of each plate. Arrange the fritters around the sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning Ingredients:
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Makes 2/3 cup
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like