- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large shallow bowl combine buttermilk and seasoning and add chicken, turning pieces until they are completely covered; marinate chicken 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or chicken-fryer heat 1 to 2 inches of oil over medium-high heat to 350° F.
- Drain chicken, wiping off excess liquid, and thoroughly dredge in flour.
- Fry chicken until golden, turning once, about 10 minutes in all.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook until browned, turning once or twice, 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- Drain chicken pieces briefly on paper towels to absorb any excess oil before serving.
Makes 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like