- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheaat the oven to 350° F. Place the allspice berries on a pie tin and roast for 10 minutes.
- Pulverize them in a spice mill with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place the spice mixture in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the scallions and Habanero.
- Season with salt and pepper. Process until a paste is formed. Add the rum and mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the pork loin. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400° F. Remove the meat and place in a roasting pan, roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350° F and continue to roast for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with Island Beans and Fried Plantains.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like