- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and brown the sausage, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, Essence, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are wilted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Dissolve the flour in the water and add to the meat mixture. Stir until the mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the green onions and rice. Mix well and let cool. Stir in the cheese.
Pastry for Pork Pies Ingredients:
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Cut in the shortening unit it resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the milk. Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, working it to make a thick dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough pieces into thin rounds, about 5 inches in diameter. Put about 1/4 cup of the mixture in the center of each round, fold over and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Heat the shortening a deep pot or an electric deep-fryer to 360° F.
- Fry the pies, two to three at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Makes 12 small pies
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning Ingredients:
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Makes 2/3 cup
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like