Emeril's-style Smashed Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise or store bought mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (recommended: Emeril's Red Pepper Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, place the potatoes with enough cold water to cover and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes with a hand-held masher or a heavy fork. (They should still be very lumpy.) Mix in the onions, eggs, and garlic. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise, the mustard, lemon juice, and brown sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
Season with the pepper sauce, Worcestershire, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
Serve warm or chilled.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page