4th Street Grille Fettuccine with Portobella Mushrooms and Halloumi Cheese
- 1 lbs De Cecco Fettuccini
- 7 to 8 oz pieces of cheese (Taylor's Market)
- 2 medium size Portobella Mushrooms (julienned)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes (peeled and seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1 bunch of spinach - picked and cleaned and cut leaves in half
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut in a 45 degree angle
- 1/2 bunch of basil, picked and julienned
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup white wine
First boil water and add the fettuccini.
Heat a large sauté pan and add olive oil, portobella mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes and add garlic.
Sauté for one minute and add 1/2 cup white wine and reduce by 1/3.
Then add the tomatoes, spinach, basil, halloumi cheese and butter. Cook for 1 minute and turn off heat.
Add fettuccine, toss and serve in a large bowl.
Top with scallions and pine nuts.Makes 4 to 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page