- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sprinkle the yeast into 1/2 cup of the water in a bowl. Leave for 5 minutes, then add the malt extract; stir to dissolve.
- Mix the flour and the salt in a large bowl,. Make a well in the center and pour in the dissolved yeast and the olive oil.
- Use a wooden spoon to draw in the flour from the sides. Stir in the remaining water, as needed, to form a firm, sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover with a dish towel and let rest for 10 minutes. Knead the dough for 10 minutes more.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle, 12in x 8in and 3/4in thick. Cover with a dish towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil two baking sheets.
- Cut the dough lengthwise into four equal pieces, then cut each piece lengthwise into ten strips. Stretch each strip until it is 10in long. Place the strips, about 1/2in apart, on the baking sheets.
- Brush the strips with the egg glaze. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Transfer the sticks onto a wire rack, then let cool.
Makes 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like