- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grind rattlesnake and chicken together (should look like ground pork when finished).
- In a skillet, sauté peppers, cactus and meat together about 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (minus the pastry and cheese). Cook for 15 to 20 minutes more, drain and let cool.
- Add cheese to well drained mixture.
- Spread out pastry sheet and cut into 4-inch circles with a biscuit or tart cutter (a tuna can also makes a great cutter).
- Brush with egg wash and place some of the mixture in the middle of the pastry circle. Fold over and crimp edges closed. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Served on a bed of lettuce with freshly made guacamole, diced bell peppers and onion. The empanada can be drizzled with crema or sour cream.
- Serve with a dip such as salsa, guacamole and sour cream mixed together or ranch dressing.
Makes 4 to 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like