- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cut chicken into quarters.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a flameproof casserole Dish, add the chicken pieces and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until golden on all sides.
- Pour whiskey over the chicken. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, quarter the mushrooms and sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice. Peel and chop the shallot.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the chopped shallot and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Put the mushrooms and shallot in the casserole with the chicken, add half the cream and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over a medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the chicken pieces are tender.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken on a serving platter and keep hot. Return the casserole to the heat and bring back to a boil.
- Mix together the remaining cream and corn starch and add to the sauce, whisking well. Cook, stirring until thickened. Add a few drops of lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning and pour the sauce over the pieces of chicken.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like