- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large, heavy kettle over moderate heat 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until juices are released and these evaporate, about 5 minutes. Scoop mushrooms to large plate and reserve.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to kettle; also add scallions, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook and stir until scallions and onion are golden, about 3 minutes. Add corn, broth, salt and pepper; adjust heat so mixture bubbles gently, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, scoop 2 cups soup solids into food processor and Purée until smooth. Return to soup, add shrimp, and simmer just until they turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in cream and reserved mushrooms and bring to a simmer. Taste for salt and pepper, fine-tune, and serve.
Makes 4 to 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like