Grove Park Inn Shrimp, Corn and Mushroom Soup
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced fresh white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 large scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped (include some tender green tops)
- 1 small Vidalia or other sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2 cups frozen mixed yellow and white whole- kernel corn (do not thaw)
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lbs shelled and deveined medium-size raw shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large, heavy kettle over moderate heat 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until juices are released and these evaporate, about 5 minutes. Scoop mushrooms to large plate and reserve.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to kettle; also add scallions, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook and stir until scallions and onion are golden, about 3 minutes. Add corn, broth, salt and pepper; adjust heat so mixture bubbles gently, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
With slotted spoon, scoop 2 cups soup solids into food processor and Purée until smooth. Return to soup, add shrimp, and simmer just until they turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix in cream and reserved mushrooms and bring to a simmer. Taste for salt and pepper, fine-tune, and serve.Makes 4 to 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page