Gullah House Restaurant Miss Hannah's Casserole
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup regular grits, uncooked
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Peel and de-vein shrimp; set aside.
Bring 3 1/4 cup water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Combine eggs and milk; gradually stir into grits. Stir in shrimp, garlic and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Yields 6 servings.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page