- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour, stirring until just barely combined. Stir in the milk and cream until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the egg whites, until they hold soft-to-medium peaks, adding the salt halfway through. Fold into the custard mixture.
- Pour the custard mixture into a 10-inch round cake pan and set into a larger pan filled with 1-inch water. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the custard is just set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Serve on a plate or in a glass bowls, garnished with mint leaves or berries.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like