- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place the chicken and bay leaf in a stockpot. Cover with water by an inch and bring to a boil; skim and discard impurities. Turn heat down and cook, covered, at a lively simmer for about 45 minutes or until meat falls off the bones.
- Strain, reserve cooking liquid for another use. Discard chicken skin and bones. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into strips with your hands. Reserve.
- To make the mojo, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet and lightly sauté the garlic until it begins to color, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon; slip skins off and mince. Remove pan from the heat and add the minced garlic, citrus juices, pepper, oregano and cumin; stir well and reheat. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sauté shredded chicken and onions over medium-high heat until the meat is brown and crisp, stirring in minced garlic halfway through. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving platter. Pour mojo over/p>
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like