- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Grease 13 x 9-inch pan well with solid vegetable shortening. Do not use vegetable oil spray.
- Combine bread cubes and raisins in large bowl and mound into prepared pan. Bread should be piled 2 to 3 inches over top of pan. Over medium heat, melt butter in milk. Add sugar and cinnamon and let cool. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Pour liquid over bread cubes and press well to be sure bread soaks up all the liquid. At this point bread mixture should be level with pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then cut into desired number of pieces or spoon into decorative serving dishes. Add desired amount of warm sauce to each serving. Refrigerate any unused pudding and sauce and reheat to serve. Makes about 12 to 16 servings.
- NOTE: Use bakery bread or homemade bread that has been dried out one day, and cubed with crusts on. White, whole-wheat or raisin breads work best. Do not substitute. Quantity equals 1 1/2 large loaves.
Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add sugar and cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Add half and half and bring to boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. When mixture is cooled, add vanilla extract and stir.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and reheat in microwave oven.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like