Ho Ho's Chinese Restaurant Singapore Noodles
- 4 oz dried rice stick noodles
- 1 Tbsp corn oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper with seeds, sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 oz (1 cup) cooked small shrimp
- 4 oz (1 cup) shredded barbecued pork
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, seeded, cored and shredded
- 1 small Spanish onion, shredded
- 3 to 4 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 1/4 tsp curry powder
Soak rice stick noodles in boiling water 5 to 10 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
Put wok on top of stove over high heat and heat 1 to 2 minutes or until drop of water dropped into wok sizzles. If using electric wok, heat wok to 200° F.
Add oil, jalapeño pepper and garlic. Stir-fry a couple of seconds. Add shrimp, pork, bell pepper, onion and bean sprouts and cook, stirring, 15 seconds. Add rice stick noodles and cook, stirring constantly, until well mixed and noodles are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add seasonings and stir until mixture is golden brown and the aroma is strong. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Dried rice stick noodles are available at Oriental grocery stores.Makes 2 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page