- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- Lightly grease two 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pans. Place 2 cups of bread cubes in each loaf pan and set pans aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a rotary beater to beat together the eggs, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Pour half of the egg mixture over each pan of bread. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till a knife inserted off centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- While bread pudding bakes, prepare Whiskey River Sauce.
- Remove one of the bread puddings from loaf pan. Place bread-pudding loaf onto a cutting board. Spread jam evenly over the top of the bread-pudding loaf. Top with the remaining bread-pudding loaf. Cut into 6 slices. Place 1 slice on each serving plate.
- Serve bread pudding with Whiskey River Sauce.
Whiskey River Sauce
In a medium saucepan, stir together one (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (1 1/4 cups), 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 to 1/2 cup whiskey or 1/2 cup orange juice. Add 1/2 cup butter, cut up. Cook and stir the mixture over medium heat till butter melts. Don't boil.
- Use about half of the sauce for the bread pudding. Cover and chill remaining sauce. Reheat the sauce and serve over pound cake or angel food cake, if you like.
(Whiskey) River Sauce Ingredients:
- Note that in both the original and reduced versions, only HALF the sauce is used for the bread pudding (with the remainder being saved for later use). Consequently, only half the sauce is calculated in both recipes' nutrition analysis.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like