- Yields: 6 to 8
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cut a pocket in each slice of bread. Open carefully.
- With an electric beater, whip together the cheeses, sugar, and extract. Spread the mixture evenly into each bread pocket.
- Beat together the eggs and milk. Dip the bread slices in the egg-milk mixture. Turn to coat both sides.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Coat with spray. Cook the toast on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Comments: Stuffed French toast with a creamy filling is good paired with a fibrous fruit such as a 1/2 cup fresh raspberries. 6 slices challah or French bread, cut 2 inches thick (if you can find whole-wheat, the better)
- This French toast is high in sodium, primarily because of the cheeses. For a lower-sodium dish, substitute no-salt cheeses if you can find them.
You may also like