- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Heat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Remove casings from sausage. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage (crumbling with fork), onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, basil and hot pepper flakes until sausage is browned.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans, and salt and pepper to taste; cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta just until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and combine with tomato mixture, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the parsley. Transfer to prepared dish. (If making ahead, cool slightly.)
- Sprinkle with Fontina cheese and remaining Parmesan and parsley. (Pasta can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day or frozen for up to 2 months.
- Thaw in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before heating.
- Bake, covered for 20 minutes; uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like