- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch pie pan.
- Break up into crumbs in food processor or place crackers in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add melted butter and sugar and stir. Press crumb mixture into pan forming a neat border around the edge. Bake until set and golden, about 8 minutes, and set aside. Keep oven on.
- For the filling: In an electric mixer with a wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes, Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing until combined, no longer. Pour mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes or until filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate, Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- For the topping: Whip the cream and confectioners sugar until nearly stiff. Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold. Top each wedge with dollop of whipped cream.
Makes 4 to 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like