King Ranch Chicken
- 3 to 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 - 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can - 1 cup) tomatoes and chiles (Ro-tel)
- 4 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups grated Cheddar cheese
In a large bowl mix chicken, soup, tomatoes and chile and tapioca. Tear 2 or 3 tortillas into pieces and line the bottom of a 5-quart crockpot.
Add 1/3 of the chicken mixture; top with 1/3 of the onion and cheese. Repeat layers of tortillas, chicken mixture, onion and cheese two more times.
Cover; cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
NOTE: For a smaller 3-quart crockpot make 1/2 recipe.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page