Legal Seafood Golden Gazpacho with Shrimp
Gazpacho Soup Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups fish stock
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup diced Vidalia onions
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 medium chayote squash, peeled and cut into large dice
- 3 oz olive oil
- 2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Vegetable and Seafood Garnish Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp 1/4-inch-diced yellow tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp 1/4-inch-diced yellow bell peppers
- 3 Tbsp 1/4-inch-diced cucumbers
- 3 Tbsp 1/4-inch-diced chayote squash
- 6 cooked large cocktail shrimp (21 to 25 count), tail off
- 6 sprigs cilantro
To make soup: Place fish stock in a large bowl. Add bread crumbs and stir well. Let crumbs soak about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with metal blade, process basil, cilantro and thyme leaves until finely chopped. Transfer half of mixture onto a piece of wax paper. Set aside.
Add half of soaked crumbs and half of prepped garlic, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers and squash to work bowl and process until semi-smooth. With motor running, slowly add half the oil, then half the vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Continue processing until mixture is as smooth as possible. You aren't going to strain this, so it is important that the texture is super-smooth. You can't overdo it.
Transfer this batch to a nonreactive large mixing bowl and repeat with remaining ingredients including remaining herbs. Stir two batches together well, cover and refrigerate for several hours or even overnight. It should be thoroughly chilled.
To garnish: Toss together all diced vegetables. Ladle gazpacho into 6 chilled soup bowls. Divide vegetable garnish on top of each along with a shrimp and a sprig of cilantro in the center.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page