Lobster Club Meatloaf
- 3/4 lbs bacon, finely chopped
- 4 large leeks (white part only), finely chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs ground beef chuck
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage leaves, rinsed and well chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until browned. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon fat in the skillet. In the remaining fat, cook the leeks, red peppers, onions and garlic until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In a large bowl, combine beef, mustard, thyme, sage, rosemary, Tabasco sauce, salt, pepper and 3 cups of the bread crumbs. Do not over-mix. Turn the meat mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet and form into a 10 x 5-inch oval loaf. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs over the loaf., spread with the tomato sauce, then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Cover the loaf loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page