Louise's Italian Cafe Grilled Chicken Calzone
- 1 (10 oz.) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 5 oz grilled chicken breast (1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan/Romano mixture
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Unroll pizza dough and place on greased baking sheet.
Layer pesto, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken breast pieces in middle of dough. Lift one edge of dough and stretch over the filling to form a half-moon. Seal edges by pressing with tines of fork or pizza wheel, and make a fluted edge around the seal.
Prick top with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.Makes 2 to 3 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page