- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sort and wash beans in colander under cold running water. Place beans in a large bowl with 9 cups of cold water and place in a refrigerator overnight.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- In a medium or large pot, heat oil and combine onions, celery, garlic, and bay leaf. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 7 cups of water along with remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and add red beans. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low heat, until beans are tender. Salt to taste if needed.
- For flavor, add your favorite sausage 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- This is great with andouille or smoked sausages served over rice.
Makes 8 to 10
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like