- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In large pot, boil potatoes in water 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In large heavy pot, sauté bacon, onion and celery over medium-high heat until celery is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from pot, drain bacon grease and return mixture to pot. Add milk, water, base, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is very hot, about 8 minutes, stirring often. Do not let mixture boil.
- In small, heavy saucepan melt margarine. Add flour and mix well. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture bubbles, stirring 2 to 3 minutes to make a roux. While constantly stirring soup, add roux slowly until soup is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, reserved potatoes, and cream. Garnish with cheese, bacon bits, onions or all three.
- Serve hot.
Makes 10 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like