- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Mix vinegar, water, onion, pickling spice, salt and carrot in bowl. Pickle meat in this brine in refrigerator seven days, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove meat from brine. Save brine to make gravy later.
- Roast meat in roasting pan, uncovered, in 325° F oven for 1 1/2 hours or until brown on both sides and almost done.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over meat and roast 5 to 10 minutes more, turning meat while roasting, until sugar is dissolved and meat is browned.
- In medium-size saucepan, combine half of brine the meat was pickled in and any drippings from roasting meat. To this mixture, add gingersnaps and cook until thick and dissolved. Serve over sliced meat and dumplings.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like